Monday, February 8, 2010

Essay issues :( and my Worst/Best for 2/7

So I have spent the weekend working on this visual essay, and all is not going well in the land of Gin. This first iMovie I made somehow got lost, I am sure it was user error, but these things happen. I am not to worried about the lost, as the new one is far better than the the older one. So I guess that is a perk of my exploration into new Mac features.
I have also been struggling with the question of what to write and what visuals to use. Not having been the most literate kid in the bunch until quite recently and not living anywhere near my family leaves me with limited visuals. I did however find a bunch of great pics and such that I wanted to uses, after having settled on a story line. Which only led me to one more issue, I don't have a scanner and didn't have a way to use the stuff I had rummaged up.
Nicole, dear sweet Nicole offered me the use of her scanner, and I spent Sat. night at her place scanning away. The first attempt was scanning them to my Mac, which didn't work at all, and I still have no idea why. The second was scanning them to her laptop and then transferring them via a USB drive to my Mac. Nicole scanned the first few images, and then I took over. After my pile of 90 or so items had been scanned, Nicole tried to transfer them only to find that everything that I had scanned didn't get saved. So after all that wasted time, Nicole quite nicely did the rest of the scanning for me and at midnight I headed home with a laptop full of baby pics.
My best friend came over later in the evening, and this morning as I worked on my essay, he quite eagerly told me everything I was doing wrong. Geeerrr, I love that boy, but I had finaly felt like it was going well. At least I know I have someone to give me feedback once it is done.

Worst - This little cold I have been trying to fight all day, it is wearing me out and yet I can't sleep for more than an hour or two at a time, makes reading hard....poor Selber he feels so unloved.

Best - All the cuddle/hangout time with the best friend this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment